11.05.2012

Trunk Show = Desserts



Seems like a no-brainer.  Mix guests with Stella and Dot Trunk Show and what do you get?  Desserts.  Take it up a notch over the official holiday season and you get magical bling + friends = french desserts. I now remember why it's such a dangerous time of the year for my waistline, but alas, I carry on - there is no room for quitters in a kitchen.

Tonight is my first of two Holiday shows for my customers, as of course, one night does not fit every one's schedule, and to be honest, I couldn't possibly fit all these desserts I need to make into one night!  On the menu this evening is a simple but deadly lemon tart, walnut cake, some dipped strawberries and my interpretation to date of a hummingbird cake.  Now, I am still in the test kitchen figuring out the right measures, but the once indulged treat at Duchess proved to be a beautiful balance of banana bread with coconut and pineapple.  Stay tuned if I ever finish this recipe enough to blog it.  However, while you wait, I can share with you my fail proof recipe for Cream Cheese icing, which, happens to be the perfect topping for the fore mentioned hummingbird.

This is a recipe from Ina Garten, however, I tend to let the kitchen aid work at the final incorporation and slightly whip the icing - I'm a sucker for a lighter, meringue style topping...

Cream Cheese Frosting:

  • 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (1/2 pound)
Mix the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on low speed until just combined. Don't whip! Add the sugar and mix until smooth. Yield: frosting for one 9-inch cake.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.