9.13.2010

New Trend: Travel and Click

(picture taken of fresh figs at a Cortona Grocer, Tuscany)

OK, so it may not be on the "actual" new trend list of any magazine or style watch, but it should be!  Travel, take your camera, and click everything you see.  THEN, turn your travel catalogue into beautiful artwork for your home!

My husband and I (well I decided and my husband was wonderful enough to carry most of the brunt of the work without a single complaint) "refreshed" our main floor powder room this past weekend.  A Spanish Tile Red painted cubicle with standard white pedestal sink, toilet and tiles has been transformed with a decadent and whimsical red and black floral wallpaper, some new hardware and a collection of pictures I took while travelling through southern Tuscany this past June.  A new look achieved while not breaking the bank or having to undergo major renovations - bonus! 

After finally organizing the snaps on a disc (Thanks, David!) I simply headed off to the local Shoppers Drug Mart and made myself comfortable at the self-serve print shop.  Here you can manipulate your prints from colour to sepia or black and white, crop, remove red eye - the works.  I found a few prints I really liked and they just popped in black and white!  So, for under $5, I have four 8x10 prints ready to frame!

My trek then took me to Micheal's craft store where I quickly found the wide black frames with double soft white moldings that completed my new artwork - and with a bit of Irish luck (or due to the continuing recession) they were all 50% off.  It's a sign.

(photo of a Vineria in Cortona, Tuscany)




The only thing missing from  the makeover is the originally planned black chandelier!



(In Black, of course!)

It was time to start making our home a bit more personal, and fun!  However, when I noticed there was NO overhead light in the powder room, the chandelier went PUFF out the door!

Here is the final (as of last night) product of our fall makeover!


Everyone in the family is happy, still talking and because of our new wallet-friendly artwork, we have enough left to start the next bathroom!  Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.