9.28.2010

Spring is Here!

Ok, I know I have to shake up this blog a bit - too many recipes, too much cooking.  So, I have been previewing the Spring 2011 collections over the past weeks, to keep my deep rooted denial of winter intact as well as giving me vision of something to look forward to - just 8 months away...

Although I have to admit, Fall is the best season for fashion, I was taken with the recent collections of some designers as it transported me to garden parties with delicate pastel florals and beautiful flowing fabrics.  Some of the designers I follow created an ethereal, flowing feel with draped chiffon fabrics, garden prints and even "resort" (I hate that word - conjures up images of the Love Boat for me) themes such as Monique Lhuillier and Stella McCartney.  So, let's start with a quickt snapshot of Spring 2011:

Monique Lhuillier - fabulous, fabulous, fabulous



Stella McCartney - edgy and intelligent, as usual


Collections had other trends occurring, beyond the ladylike flowing soft fabrics and garden party themes:

Donna Karan kept a neutral palette that was both soft yet strong, true to her designs:


(Donna Karan)

70's glam continues thanks to Marc Jacobs, dressing models in deep jewel tones and black,

(Marc Jacobs)

while others opted for punches of bright colors offset with neutrals.  Michael Kors worked Kelly green, Canary yellow and hot pink with classic grey, beige and khaki:

(Michael Kors)

Many designers used bright coral, one of my favorite summer colours, balanced with neutral, like Luca Luca and J. Mendel
(Luca Luca)

The queen of beautiful gowns and wedding design, Vera Wang, showed her timeless and elegant design, always evolving, always fresh, and simply divine

(Vera Wang, Wedding Collection)

Trends that continue into the Spring include "loungerie", the morphing of lingerie and street wear and biker clothing.

I was surprised to see this shoe supposedly on the horizon


Nothing good can come of this.  Nothing.

And, the kitten heel continues, which is great for us with back problems!




K


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.