3.16.2011

Inspirations.... Date Night!

Corso 32, small space but big taste

Whether you are young and single or celebrating your golden wedding anniversary, quality time with the one you love is equally important at every stage of your life.  But somewhere between career, children, family obligations and the endless list of chores, the once all-important date night can get smothered and sometimes... forgotten.

My husband and I have a unique arrangement with a blended family: his children are adults and my daughter is with us a bit more than half time.  That means that on every alternate week, we have more time to spend with one another and keep our connection strong - not to mention not having to worry about finding a babysitter, although Jenna is almost at the legal age of being left home alone!

So today, a brief shot if inspiration passed my desk in between training in my new job and conducting searches - we are going to Corso 32 next week - date night!!  And with a bit of luck on my side, presto!  We got in - YES!  This restaurant is one of the several new restaurants in Edmonton to pop up in the past three months and we have been trying irregularly to get in for the past month and a half! Probably the hottest one in town right now and with Susur Lee coming through town and raving about the place, I was afraid we'd be waiting for another month to get it!

(Check back next week to see a restaurant review)  http://corso32.com/

Hailed probably the first real Italian Restaurant in Edmonton, with rustic Italian dishes that are traditional yet in a modern setting, I can't wait to check it out.  The only problem is...what to order!  Here is the latest menu put out last week (I expect they change the menu weekly):

http://corso32.com/corso32-menu.pdf

Needless to say, don't leave it completely to your husband to plan date night - the experience is enjoyed by both so the responsibility should be equal too!  I know my husband was so pleased to get a cute text from his wife inviting him out next Tuesday!  :-)

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.