5.18.2010

DO - Try Something New


I love my husband. It's as simple as that. Without getting into the details, one of the many things I love about him is his ability to allow me to enjoy life in ways I wouldn't have thought. Example: for my birthday he bought me a Vespa! Now, we enjoy driving on his motorcycle during the summer, but I guess he took it as a hint when I saw a Vespa and thought it would be cool to motor around town with less gas consumption! That was last October - a birthday girl without a motorcycle license.

May 14th, 5pm road test for motorcycle license. BARELY passed. At least, that's what the instructor told me. Accompanying that phrase were multiple "you drive too slow" comments - who knew? Lead foot in an SUV, granny on a Vespa.

Today - I am enjoying the bright red Vespa (with Union Jacks, courtesy of my British husband) and even conquered the Henday! Give it a try some sunny, warm afternoon. I know you can rent a scooter for the day (no special license required) at Top Gear on Whyte Ave for $25.
Take a cruise down Whyte, belly up to the Harley Boys at the Elephant Pub and own the road, baby! :-)
K

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.