5.18.2010

Wellness? It's just a few blocks west on Jasper Ave


I am a headhunter. I am not unlike many career woman stuck at a desk - I sit most the day and mine the Internet or talk on the phone. At the end of the day, what I notice most is the general aches and pains associated with such a career choice! OK, let's not perfume the pig - I have major shoulder and neck issues and all from a little mouse! Over the years I have tried massage therapists, chiropractors and exercise to help, but found I had a better relationship with the medical community than some family members!

Last August I came across a Pilates Studio in downtown Edmonton - at the Corona Station in First Edmonton Place - Body Beyond Pilates http://www.pilatesbodybeyond.com/ It took me a few weeks to speak with the owner, but so glad I did! I am a believer! For the first time in my life, I am actually prioritizing going to a SCHEDULED fitness class and guess what? No more doctors or chiropractors. It's like receiving penance: it has been eight months since my last appointment!

If anyone is looking to increase their general wellbeing, get into shape or get out of pain, I strongly suggest meeting the owner, Tara Burry. Tara is a very matter-of-fact individual and truly devoted to your goals. She took one look at me and said "ah, yeah, we need to correct a few things". Tara is focused on the total package, as well as getting rid of some "unwanted accumulation" AND, at a reasonable pace, always keeping your "well" being in mind. Not only that, you leave your appointment energized (no, you really do) and after the initial shock of working muscles that have NEVER been worked before, you come back for more! I am hooked. She is my Shaman. Thanks Tara!

K

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.