10.28.2010

Dreaming of our little slice of Paradise

A chill in the air, a light dusting of snow - all reminders and our reality that summer has passed, the leaves of fall are gone and winter is quickly approaching.  I admit, there is something beautiful about watching a peaceful snowfall at night when the world is huddled into their warm little abodes.  The trees look fantastic with snow falling from them, but here in Alberta, Canada..... well, it gets %&*$ cold!  A few days, OK; a month, no problem.  But we are talking three to four months of in-your-face-with-no-relief cold.  And, let it be known that every year it gets a bit harder for us.  I think if you make yourself active, get out and take up skiing, skating or even snowshoeing, the hell passes a bit quicker.  But here is our reality: in the dead of winter, Hell looks very inviting!

So as we drive to work in the dark and deal with temperatures beginning to drop, I am dreaming of our little (and I mean little - 1 week a year) slice of paradise in Cabo!  Last year on a January trip, my husband and I traded in my timeshare purchased several years ago and traded up to a newly constructed Villa.


(That is ours, on the left)


Why?  Beyond the obvious that Cabo has always been good to us, we wanted a way to be able to spend more time in Cabo over the next few years, and our now fractional ownership allows us to "deposit" our 1 week in the villa and pick up a neighbouring one bedroom condo for 5 weeks!  A much cheaper investment this way than buying 4 more timeshares!

Regardless, our villa is now built and I am longing to see the final results, feel the sun on my skin and the warm breeze, spend time without the stresses of city life and immerse myself in a culture with wonderful food and people that our family have come to love.  Cabo next week?  I wish.  But it is definitely on the horizon.

(view from the kitchen)

  (Master bedroom)

(Patio and view off of the guest rooms)


                                                                      (The kitchen)

I doubt we will treat ourselves to staying at the Villa too often, though it is a great place to have a family vacation or celebrate a milestone birthday or retirement.  I think my husband is quite pleased at the ability to stay in our Paradise for 5 weeks a year to escape the harsh Alberta winters and smell the wonderful Mexican vegetation (and chilies).  Now we just have to work on increasing our vacation leave....

Until then, I will keep on dreaming.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.